Wednesday, November 6, 2013

PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD

2013 OSFA Exhibition & Competition; Gallery Artisans

My thanks to all who visited Gallery Artisans to view the Exhibition entries and especially to those who voted for my art-work ‘PINK ROSE’; without your votes I wouldn't have won the ‘People's Choice’.

Awards & Exhibition Closing Ceremony

6.30 pm., Friday the 1st November, myself and my supporters met up with other artists and their followers for the Closing Ceremony and Awards/Prizes. Our daughter, three of her friends and a special friend of mine were there to support me. The prize I received for the ‘People’s Choice’ was a ‘Gordon Harris Art & Graphic Store’ $50 reloadable gift card; just what I've always wanted! Thanks to
‘Gordon Harris Art & Graphic Store’, for sponsoring the main prizes.

As well as winning the ‘People’s Choice’ I and many others won spot prizes; I won a pack of Oil/Water Soluble Pastels, which is just perfect as I have been dabbling with pastels for the last few months. It was a great evening for all.  At about 9.30 Alex (Gallery Proprietor) bought the evening to a close as there were only a few of us still there. We moved onto ‘Biddy Mulligan's Irish Pub’, who was one of the other main sponsors of the Exhibition & Competition.

My thanks to Alex McPherson; Founder and Proprietor of Gallery Artisans, Hamilton; for continuing with the ‘Annual OSFA (One Size Fits All) Exhibition & Competition’, which used to be held at Thornton Art Gallery (now closed).

Alex has retained ‘Pink Rose’ at the Gallery for sale. 



No comments:

Post a Comment